(ARA) – TV apps are one of the hottest trends in satellite television today. Just like apps for your smart phone, a TV app is an interactive application you can download to personalize your TV experience.
And best of all, most satellite TV apps are free. All you need is an HD DVR and the Internet to get started.
Here are 10 TV apps worth checking out:
1. Google calendar viewer – With the click of your remote you can get access to your Google calendar directly on your TV. See what's on your schedule for the day while you watch the morning news.
2. What's HOT – Are you the type of person who likes see what other people are up to? You'll love the What's HOT app – which lets you see the most popular shows being watched at any given time.
3. Agent Facebook – For anyone who loves to use the social networking sites, now you can check your updates without leaving your TV. Similar apps exist for Flickr photos and Twitter feeds. Be warned: these apps may be highly addictive.
4. MyNFL Team – Follow your favorite football team at any time without having to change the channel or turn on your computer. Use your remote to select a team and get scores, schedule, leaders and standings. Apps like this are also available for other sports.
5. Local traffic – Use your TV to plan your commute with an application that provides a real-time traffic map of your area. Pick your route to work while you watch the morning show.
6. WebCam Viewers – Want to watch fireworks over the Eiffel Tower? Or witness Old Faithful's every eruption? WebCam apps give you live feeds from landmarks across the globe.
7. Crime reports – Keep an eye on those creepy neighbors with an application that puts local crime reports and maps on your television screen. If you are prone to paranoia, you may want to avoid this one.
8. ISS orbital tracking – Space buffs will love this application that gives you the current position of the International Space Station over a map of Earth. Combine this with your live Twitter feeds from the astronauts and you can explore the universe right along with them.
9. This day in history – This application gives you daily facts so that you can easily amaze your friends with your intimate knowledge of history.
10. Learn any language – A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and the journey of learning a new language begins with one word a day. Learn a new language one day at a time with this nifty app from InnovativeLanguage.com.
There is no doubt – satellite TV apps are the future of television. Check with the leading satellite TV provider in your area so you don't miss out on everything TV apps have to offer.
Courtesy of ARAcontent
Author: Andy Quayle
Andy was born in the Isle of Man and currently lives in Pittsburgh.
Known globally as a willing source for tech news and views, Andy takes great pride in consultation and education.
Should his schedule permit, Andy is available to help you with your SEO and Web Analytics needs.