Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, and Thinxtream™ Technologies today announced a new mobile printing application – PrintJinni™ for Epson® – that allows Apple® iPhone®, iPod touch® and iPad™ users to easily print Microsoft® Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, PDF, and JPEG files from an e-mail account to any Wi-Fi®-enabled Epson all-in-one. Unlike other mobile printing solutions, PrintJinni for Epson is an all-inclusive productivity tool that allows users to download, display, preview, and print e-mail attachments that maintain accurate formatting.
“PrintJinni for Epson enhances the printing experience for mobile device users by delivering superior performance where it counts, whether at home, in the office, or on the road,” said Gregg Brunnick, group product manager, Consumer Ink Jets, Epson America, Inc. “With the benefit to print to any Wi-Fi-enabled Epson all-in-one, this convenient app keeps iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users from being tied to one printer. PrintJinni for Epson offers the ultimate mobile printing freedom and superior print quality inherent in Epson’s all-in-one solutions.”
Additional PrintJinni for Epson Features:
· Supports printing of Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents (Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007), as well as JPEG and PDF files from e-mail attachments
· Offers easy discovery of supported Epson printers and all-in-ones over the Wi-Fi network
· Provides simple set-up and e-mail attachment support for Gmail™, Microsoft® Exchange, Apple MobileMe™, AOL®, and other IMAP-based email accounts
· Prints over Wi-Fi without the need for an intermediate PC, additional software or printer drivers
· Delivers secure encrypted communication for mobile printing
· Includes free upgrade to iPad-native printing support scheduled for release in fall 2010
“We are pleased to work with Epson to launch a robust mobile printing solution for their customers,” said Robert Shibata, director of marketing, Thinxtream Technologies. “The rich functionality of PrintJinni for Epson will help Apple mobile device users leverage the superior printing performance and Wi-Fi capability of Epson printers. Through this joint initiative, we are also looking forward to leveraging Epson’s advanced printing technology expertise to upgrade and enhance the features of the PrintJinni application.”
Pricing and Availability
PrintJinni for Epson, expected later to be priced at $9.99, is now available in the U.S. and Canada on the Apple iTunes® Store for an introductory price of $6.99. This 30 percent discount is for a limited time only and includes a one-year subscription to PrintJinni Cloud Services.
About Epson America, Inc.
Epson America, Inc. is a leading provider of an extensive range of printers, 3LCD projectors, scanners and point-of-service printers that are renowned for their high quality, functionality, innovation and energy efficiency. Epson America is a U.S. affiliate of Seiko Epson Corporation, which employs more than 70,000 people in 106 countries around the world. Seiko Epson is committed to its ongoing contributions to the global environment and for the second year in a row has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, an indicator for leading companies in economic, environmental and social criteria. To learn more about Epson America, please visit:www.Epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/EpsonAmerica), Twitter (http://twitter.com/EpsonAmerica) and YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/EpsonTV).
Related articles by Zemanta
- Epson and Thinxtream Collaborate to Deliver Superior Performing iPhone, iPod touch and iPad Mobile Printing (prnewswire.com)
- Epson and Thinxtream roll out PrintJinni printing app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (engadget.com)
Author: Andy Quayle
Andy was born in the Isle of Man and currently lives in Pittsburgh.
Known globally as a willing source for tech news and views, Andy takes great pride in consultation and education.
Should his schedule permit, Andy is available to help you with your SEO and Web Analytics needs.