(ARA) – Gadgets, gizmos, toys, electronics – we have many names for the technology we use at home, work, and in our social lives. And, because technology is constantly evolving, there’s a good chance many, if not all, of your gear may be slightly outdated and in need of upgrading.
The Consumer Electronics Show in January in Las Vegas promoted many of the newest electronic products available. Here are a few of the hot gadgets on the market.
- While most backup batteries charge your mobile device only once, the Portable Power Max can recharge five devices simultaneously and even has enough power to charge an iPad twice over. The five USB ports are perfect for anyone traveling with multiple mobile devices. Now you only need to carry one backup battery to charge your smart phone, tablet computer and other portable devices. The clean and compact design and 14 ounce weight of the battery easily fits in a carry-on bag or briefcase. It has a LED charge indicator and a built-in flashlight that will help you find the cables and ports in the dark. Go to www.iSound.net for more information.
- Keeping your technology protected is important these days, especially with how small and sleek gadgets are becoming. You can find a side protector case for the iPhone 4 in Ciderz from NLU Products. Available in nine colors, this case has raised edges to prevent your phone’s screen and back from directly contacting abrasive surfaces, to protect against scratches and nicks. Ciderz cases allow you to use all the buttons and ports, and you can even charge your phone using third-party chargers, so you never have to take it off and leave your phone unprotected. Find more information at www.BodyGuardz.com/Ciderz.
- Catching your tunes or watching videos while using your MP3 players, smart phones, tablet PCs and more is a lot more fun with Logitech’s Ultimate Ears 500. The Ultimate Ears 500 Noise-Isolating earphones feature a sleek, micro design that is comfortable and unobtrusive. With the convenience of a no-tangle cord and various sizes of ear cushions to find the best fit for you, you will become totally immersed in the sound. Visit www.UltimateEars.com for more information.
Transporting drinks to the gym or when traveling can be a hassle, especially when toting other gear, but the Contigo Autoseal Kangaroo Hydration Bottle makes it easy. This reusable water bottle has a fold-down compartment for active people to stow keys, credit cards, ear buds, gym membership cards, etc. What’s more, the bottle is 100 percent spill-proof and leak-proof. Beyond that, the bottle is dishwasher-safe and includes a flip-up handle with an integrated carabiner for easy transport. Go to www.GoContigo.com for more information.
Using your computer and gadgets can cause the units to become very warm, and even sometimes untouchable – making them uncomfortable to touch. The ThermaPAK icePad sleeve brings simple, environmentally-friendly cooling to the iPad using patented HeatShift Technology to cool your iPad without limiting functionality or access to buttons and connections. The sleeve’s cooling crystals dissipate the heat for enhanced user comfort and performance. Learn more about how this works at www.Thermapak.com.
Whether you’re a fashionista or business traveler worried about rumpled clothing ruining your look, the Shark Press & Refresh Garment Care System is perfect for you. This complete handheld system freshens and presses garments quickly and effortlessly right on the hanger by combining powerful Shark steam to deeply penetrate fibers with an exclusive heated WrinkleEraser to smooth fabric to a pressed-looking finish in one easy step. By converting regular tap water into professional Shark steam, the Press & Refresh is an all natural way to extend the life of garments, saving time and money at the dry cleaner and exposing clothing less often to the harsh dry cleaning chemicals that can weaken fabrics over time. The Shark Press & Refresh comes with everything you need to bring virtually any type of fabric back to life, even delicates and upholstery, and includes a unique Vertical Press Pad, which attaches to any door in the home, providing a flat surface for wrinkle removal without the hassle of an ironing board. Find more information at www.GoPressAndRefresh.com.
p>Now is the time to upgrade and update your gadgets, gizmos and toys to stay current with the latest advanced technology. Clearly, there are plenty of new products available this year to stay current.
- Kangaroo-Inspired Gadget Jackets – Alphyn Industries Designs Tech-Savvy Clothing (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
- Last Gadget Standing Faceoff: Two Ear-Related Gizmos (technologizer.com)
- Super Bowl bound? Check out these ten travel friendly gadgets for your trip! (gadling.com)
Author: Andy Quayle
Andy was born in the Isle of Man and currently lives in Pittsburgh.
Known globally as a willing source for tech news and views, Andy takes great pride in consultation and education.
Should his schedule permit, Andy is available to help you with your SEO and Web Analytics needs.