For those of you with EPSON Printers that are compatible with the EPSON Connect Suite of Apps , you will be glad to know that the Suite of Connect Apps has been upgraded. The update makes them even easier to use. With features such as Apple AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, the ability to send documents and pictures from you mobile device directly to your printer without the need for a computer. Also being able to email your printer from anywhere in the world and have your documents print up and be ready for you when you get back to your home or office. If your already a Connect user, make sure you are up to date. Not a Connect or EPSON user? Well what are you waiting for?
New EPSON Connect Enhancements Make Mobile Printing From Computers, Tablets and Smartphones Easier, More Robust
September 06, 2012
LONG BEACH, Calif. – Sept. 6, 2012
– Epson America, Inc. today announced an upgrade to its suite of free EPSON Connect™
mobile printing solutions, making it easier and more powerful for users to print documents, emails, photos, and web pages from anywhere in the world using an EPSON Connect enabled printer and an iPad®
, tablet, smartphone, computer, or laptop.1
“Mobile devices have revolutionized the way we communicate, share information and do business today, and now EPSON Connect is changing the way we print through its simple and powerful remote capabilities,” said Colin Donahue, director of business imaging, Epson America, Inc. “With EPSON Connect, home and business users can save valuable time, increase productivity, and share personal photos or business documents anywhere, anytime.
The convenient and robust mobile printing features of EPSON Connect include:
- EPSON Email Print – Remotely send documents and photos directly to an EPSON® printer’s unique email address to easily print from any email-enabled device.
- EPSON iPrint™ Mobile App – Print web pages, Microsoft® Office® documents, photos, and PDFs from anywhere; also scan and save files from a nearby EPSON printer before sending it as an email or uploading it to a cloud service such as Box, Dropbox™, Evernote®, or Google® Docs™. Available for free download from the Apple AppStore™ or Google Play™.
- EPSON Remote Print – Print remotely from a computer or laptop to an EPSON email-enabled printer anywhere in the world using any Windows® application – not just Microsoft Office – to streamline productivity without worrying about formatting or customizing fonts.
EPSON Connect incorporates an optional level of security to ensure users have the ability to reduce unwanted prints and eliminate spam. By enabling an “Approved Sender’s List,” users can specify the email addresses or domains that are allowed to print unattended to the printer’s email address.
In addition, new EPSON printers incorporate Apple AirPrint™ and Google Cloud Print™, providing the widest array of mobile printing solutions Epson has ever offered:
- Apple AirPrint – Print emails, photos, web pages, and documents from an iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®; no software, drivers or cables to connect.
- Google Cloud Print – Print from a smartphone or tablet with a Gmail™ or Google Docs account and other supported apps; also print from Chromebooks™ and the Google Chrome™ browser.
The free EPSON Connect mobile printing solutions and upgrades are currently available. For more information, see the EPSON Connect Fact Sheet or visit www.epson.com/connect
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader whose product lineup ranges from inkjet printers and 3LCD projectors to sensors and other microdevices. Dedicated to exceeding the vision of its customers worldwide, Epson delivers customer value based on compact, energy-saving, and high-precision technologies in markets spanning enterprise and the home to commerce and industry. Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 75,000 employees in 97 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates. To learn more about Epson, please visit http://global.epson.com
Author: Ben Oaks
Ben is a 911Telecomunicator and a tech nut. Ben was born and raised in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Ben reviews products for Techburgh.com and Gizmofusino.com ,bringing you a hands on view of the products you are interrested in.