Did you know:
- Verizon customers used 11 TB of data in the stadium on Super Bowl Sunday which was 57% more than last year’s big game.
- The top five uses of wireless customers were: uploading and watching video, social media, web browsing, uploading to the cloud, sports apps (NFL Mobile, etc.)
- The top three favorite social media apps of Verizon customers were Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat.
- The highest moment of wireless use during the game was Lady Gaga’s swan dive onto the Super Bowl halftime stage.
- Verizon customers used 86 TB of data throughout the nine days of events which was 25% more than last year’s festivities.
- Verizon’s network was used by 45% of attendees in the stadium at this year’s Super Bowl.
- Verizon added 450% more network capacity for the Super Bowl.
- Verizon deployed more than 220 small cells to keep customers connected, adding 18 times capacity around downtown Super Bowl event areas.
- The portable cell site at Super Bowl Live used a new technology which made it the equivalent of eight cell towers in one.
- Verizon staffed a 24×7 command center with engineers, vendors, and technicians throughout the week to ensure the best possible experience for our customers.
Author: Ben Oaks
Ben is a 911Telecomunicator and a tech nut. Ben was born and raised in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Ben reviews products for Techburgh.com and Gizmofusino.com ,bringing you a hands on view of the products you are interrested in.