Image via Wikipedia
For more than a year we have been hammered with announcements that, in February 2009 Analog Television will cease to exist and old ‘rabbit ears’ television receivers will probably not work.
Other countries have managed to make the transition, the Government is issuing coupons to cut the price of a digital receiver, there are countless toll free numbers and web sites set up to help you come out of the stone ages. I’ve even answered questions here.
Comcast is even offering free TV to those who aren’t hooked up to cable yet (with restrictions but they’re helping, ,right?)
However, Barack Obama and the new Presidential Administration aren’t too sure everyone is ready and would like to postpone the Government mandated transition from Analog TV signals to Digital.
What do you think? Should it be postponed?
There are people who have made the effort and made the change, TV Stations have made the changes, and we’ve been subjected to all those PSAs and tests.
Personally I don’t think there should be any delay. A decision was made, the Government mandated the change, resources have been made available.
If you’re not aware, ready or have it together to do something about it, why not!?!?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Obama Urges Delay in Digital TV Switch
- Obama Call For Digital Setback
- Digital TV switch: Delays? Again?
- Obama wants to delay that whole digital TV thing
- Obama Team Asks Congres to Delay DTV Switchover
- Obama Urges Delay in Digital TV Transition
- Obama Urges Delay In Digital TV Transition
- Democrats Seek Delay in TV Shift
- Obama Asks to Delay Digital TV Transition