If you run a successful mom-and-pop shop, outstanding service, great customer relationships and word-of-mouth marketing are your trademarks. Being outstanding in each of those areas is imperative for survival in the world of small business, but in today’s climate you need to be able to deliver your product with more than a nod and a smile.
As we become more reliant on the digital world, it’s important to connect with your customers in meaningful ways through the use of technology. The best way to do that is through your website.
Nowadays, you don’t have to be a web design professional to create a website for your business. If you don’t have the ability or the people on staff to design and maintain your website, services such as Aplus.net offer web design services, including needed web hosting.
If you don’t have a website or are considering a website redesign to bring yours up to date, here are some additional things to think about:
* Customers expect you to have an up-to-date website. These days, most new customers will find you via the Web – and that could mean encountering your services or finding out where you are physically located. Existing customers will also look to your website to tell them how to contact you.
* By providing information 24/7, a website increases your productivity. Having a good website essentially lets you hand someone a brochure the minute they visit. It will provide your clientele with answers to their basic questions without you having to communicate with them directly, freeing up time for you and your staff.
* A website can save you hard material costs. Instead of printing brochures or promotional items, you can post them to your website or e-mail them directly to your customers.
* Maintaining a website is easier than you think, as services like those offered through Aplus.net provide easy-to-use tools for you to manage the content on your site. And if you don’t have the time or expertise to update the site yourself, you can turn the work over to Aplus.net to manage the maintenance when you purchase a web design package.
* Websites can also be used as a test market, as you can post polls and other interactive features that will give you a better idea of what your customers are looking for. You can also use statistics gathered from your website to find out which of your goods and services attract the most attention.
* Adding a sales component to your website can boost your bottom line. Online commerce is projected to grow by 10 percent each year through 2014, according to a recent forecast by Forrester Research. Adding a sales function to your website can help you get a slice of that pie.
If you’re concerned about your website becoming a substitute for person-to-person interaction with your clientele, don’t be. Instead, a good website will boost your credibility and give you another chance to share your story with your customers, earning their trust and confidence. For more information on developing a better website for your business, visit APlus.net.
Courtesy of ARAcontent
Author: Andy Quayle
Andy was born in the Isle of Man and currently lives in Pittsburgh.
Known globally as a willing source for tech news and views, Andy takes great pride in consultation and education.
Should his schedule permit, Andy is available to help you with your SEO and Web Analytics needs.