With the difficult economy, everyone is looking to save money on big purchases. In the electronics market, you can often find significant savings on smaller sites that don’t have the brand recognition of an Amazon or Target.
For example, Newegg, founded in 2001, is a premier online-only merchant known for amazing prices on computers and electronics. In less than 10 years, Newegg’s low prices have enabled the company to grow into a top 20 online merchant according to Internet Retailer, ranking higher in online sales than JC Penney and Costco. Unlike other discount stores, however, Newegg’s low prices don’t come at the cost of customer service. Newegg was voted overall “Best Place to Buy Tech” by readers of Computer Shopper Magazine for six years in a row.
So the big question is how do you save the most money possible from Newegg? Here are five tips:
1. Find and use a Newegg promo code: Promo codes for Newegg can shave 20 percent to 30 percent off the price that users without a promo code would pay. One resource to check for a current Newegg Promo Code is TechBargains. TechBargains regularly finds, verifies and tests coupon codes for Newegg and other premier online stores.
2. Check out Newegg daily shell shockers: At least once per day, Newegg highlights a limited time deal with products discounted up to 80 percent.
3. Purchase during special sales such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday: Newegg has even lower prices during peak holiday shopping days such a Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The increased consumer traffic during these time periods helps them negotiate better deals from manufacturers, which they pass through to their users unlike other online stores that pocket the balance.
4. Use mail-in rebates: Where available, mail-in rebates can save you an additional 20 percent to 30 percent on a given product. Providing this mail-in rebate doesn’t mean that Newegg will raise the product price, since the rebates are typically paid by the manufacturers of the product, not the retailer. That being said, you have to be diligent and remember to mail in the rebate forms and appropriate receipts to get your rebate. This additional step is one of the reasons some consumers shy away from rebates, but if you’re conscientious there is no reason to avoid rebates for fear that they won’t be paid.
5. Use their price matching: For a limited time, Newegg is offering an excellent price matching policy. If you find a lower price on an eligible website for the same product from now until Dec. 24, 2010, let them know and they’ll credit your original payment method for the difference. If they lower their own price, let them know and they’ll refund you the difference as well.
In addition to low prices, Newegg also provides nearly 2 million user reviews and ratings that help consumers make decisions on which products to purchase.
Always remember you can find a great deal at Newegg for whatever technology products you desire.
Author: Andy Quayle
Andy was born in the Isle of Man and currently lives in Pittsburgh.
Known globally as a willing source for tech news and views, Andy takes great pride in consultation and education.
Should his schedule permit, Andy is available to help you with your SEO and Web Analytics needs.