The Pittsburgh Technology Council has more than 1,350 member companies, all based in SWPA. We’ve got some of the most innovative tech ventures here in our backyard. We thought it would be most excellent to put a small spotlight on a handful of our members each and every week, so you can see the great diversity and talent that we have out there. We encourage you to learn more about these technology companies:
KIK Consulting & Educational Services
– KIK Consulting & Educational Servicesis a Pittsburgh-based information management consulting firm. KIK (“knowledge is king”) focuses on cost-effective and practical education and solutions in data and meta-data management, “Non-Invasive Data Governance” and data stewardship programs, and content and knowledge management disciplines.
McFarland Technology, Inc.
develops software using both proprietary and open source technologies, such as the Microsoft .NET Framework and Java/J2EE. We develop web, desktop, mobile, and database applications. We also provide quality assurance and quality control services for software products.
MindMatters Technologies, Inc.
– MindMatters Technologies, Inc., helps companies stimulate, capture, validate and profit from innovative product ideas and emerging intellectual property created by employees, customers and business partners. MindMatters’ patent-pending technology solution, Innovator, is the only enterprise system that helps business managers effectively determine which innovations are most likely to turn into profitable products.
Night Owl Coders
is a unique and practical source fro companies to invest in customized Web sites and/or efficient software solutions for their business. Their goal is to provide a variety of solutions and give their clients an online presence in order to expand their customer base, increase production and revenue.
PC Network Services, Inc. – PC Network Services, Inc. is a Managed Services Provider
. As such, we provide affordable outsourcing of information technology expertise for business clients. Specializing in computer-network and email integration and support, we help businesses avoid the underlying dangers of technology and gain a competitive edge in their business environment.
PIAD Precision Casting Corporation
– PIAD Precision Casting Corporation manufactures precision castings in copper-base alloys for many different industrial sectors. The electrical power and distribution industry represents the largest customer base. PIAD sells nationally and to Canada. PIAD provides application engineering to its customers, designs and builds its own dies, produces castings, and provides secondary machining.
Ronco Communications & Electronics Inc
. – At Ronco Communications & Electronics, Inc., our commitment is to understand what our customers business needs are and then solve them with technology. This has given us a unique position in the marketplace. We are a company that empowers our customers to operate their business in a more effective and efficient environment.
Software Design Solutions, Inc.
– Software Design Solutions, Inc., provides embedded application development, software consulting, and tools for embedded system developers. SDS Inc. develops technical and scientific PC applications in .NET for customers locally and worldwide. SDS Inc. markets and sells the FlashBurn and Flash Recovery tools for embedded system developers.
SunGard Availability Services – SunGard
Availability Services provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software to more than 10,000 customers in North America and Europe. With four million square feet of data center and operations space, SunGard assists IT organizations across virtually all industry and government sectors prepare for and recover from emergencies by helping them minimize their computer downtime and optimize their uptime.
TowerCare Technologies, LLC
– TowerCare Technologies is a rapidly growing company applying an effective software as a services model to the nonprofit market. TowerCare’s flagship product, DonorPro, constituent management and fundraising software, helps all types of nonprofits to raise more money with double digit growth in annual donations, operate more efficiently with average 40 percent gains in staff productivity, and communicate more effectively with the donating public.
Xodus Medical, Inc.
– Xodus Medical, Inc., manufactures medical surgical products that provide innovative solutions for use in hospital operating rooms and surgery centers. Xodus Medical focuses on offering enhanced safety products for healthcare workers and their patients. Current products include; Light Guard™, Surgical disposable Light Handle Covers, Light Guard disposable rigid light handles, Count EZ Needle Counter and Sharps Disposal Systems, Count EZ Sponge Counter System, Cautery Tip Cleaners, Surgical Skinmarkers and Patient Positioning systems.
Jonathan runs Visibility Initiatives at the Pittsburgh Technology Council. The Council is the nation’s largest IT trade association with 1,350 members. One of our platforms is to provide visibility to Pittsburgh tech companies and the industry in general.