Black Friday can be a killer for those unprepared for the masses at your local department stores. Thanks to Jennifer O’Rourke from Verizon Wireless for this great post on how Black Friday shoppers can make their shopping easier with a Smart Phone and a few choice app’s.
Savvy smartphone shoppers will likely be out in force on Black Friday – relying on their devices to save both time and money.
According to Deloitte’s 2012 Annual Holiday Survey, 68 percent of all smartphone users will use their devices for holiday shopping. They use their devices to:
- · Get store locations – 62%
- · Check/Compare prices – 58%
- · Get/Use discounts, coupons and sales information – 39%
- · Scan product bar codes to find more product information – 38%
Free apps available on both Apple and Android devices to help with their holiday shopping, including:
- · Black Friday Survival Guide: This app lets shoppers view leaked and verified Black Friday ads in real time, search for the best deals and create personal shopping lists. iTunes
- · Shop Savvy: Using their smartphone camera, shoppers can use this app to scan prices and search for the best in-store and online deals. Its available on Apple and Android devices.
- · Discount and tax calculator: Shoppers can use this app to estimate ahead of time how much items will cost and how much will be saved during a sale. Apple and Android
- · Find my Car: Selected by the Wall Street Journal as one of the Top Ten Apps That Will Change Your Life, this app uses location services to help shoppers locate their vehicles in crowded mall parking lots. Apple and Android
- · Black Friday : Your App to find all Black Friday Ads and Black Friday Deals for 2012 in one space. This list will be updated several times a day. Apple
- · Black Friday 2012 Ads: we’re bringing Black Friday Ads, the biggest sales, and the best deals right to your phone with theblackfriday.fm app. Apple and Android