NEW YORK – The Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid, powered by the Verizon network, and new Moto Mods are available for pre-order online beginning today. Customers using these groundbreaking smartphones will experience smooth video viewing and streaming, fast social sharing and crystal-clear calling on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network. The smartphones will be available in Verizon stores on July 28.
“Together with Motorola, we’re fueling the smartphone revolution, and fostering the development of new ideas that are not only changing the wireless world we know today, but redefining the future of technology,” said Jeff Dietel, Vice President of Wireless Devices at Verizon. “There’s truly nothing else out there like the Moto Z Droids. While these phones are powerful on their own, when you combine them with the new Moto Mods you transform them into powerful devices that take you way beyond a phone.”
Moto Z Droid — A platform for the future
Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid work with the Moto Mod ecosystem, yet offer distinct design features that can be tailored for your lifestyle. The Moto Z Droid is the thinnest premium smartphone and was designed so you can add powerful capabilities to your phone without adding a ton of bulk to your pocket.
The new Moto Z Force is the world’s fastest charging smartphone, delivering up to 15 hours of use in 15 minutes. In addition, the Moto Z Force Droid has the same great innovations from previous Droids, like a guaranteed shatterproof display. Moto ShatterShield set the standard as the world’s first smartphone display guaranteed not to crack or shatter. The new second-generation ShatterShield features narrower edges and a thinner design, yet it’s still as strong as ever.
Both Droids also support Verizon’s Advanced Calling, meaning when you call another compatible smartphone, you get calls that sound like you’re having a conversation with someone in the same room instead of across the country. You can also start a video call right from the calling screen with just a tap.
The Moto Z Droid is available for $26 per month (0% APR) on Verizon device payment or $624 full price. The Moto Z Force is available for $30 per month (0% APR) on device payment or $720 full price. Get up to $300* off the Verizon-exclusive Moto Z Droid or Moto Z Force purchased on device payment when you trade in a select smartphone. When you buy a Motorola Mod, you’ll receive 40% off VZW.com and 20% off at Verizon corporate stores for each additional Mod purchased to instantly convert your new phone into a projector, boombox, battery powerhouse and more. Not with Verizon? Now is the time to switch and receive up to $650** to pay off your old phone or contract when you trade in your phone for a new one.
Moto Mods instantly transform your Moto Z Droids into entirely new devices, like a portable theater, a wireless speaker or a chic fashion accessory with built-in power and wireless charging capabilities. Moto Mods magnetically snap onto your phone, seamlessly become one with it and are easy to swap out.
The following Moto Mods will be available beginning July 28:
- JBL SoundBoost Speaker — Instantly get powerful stereo sound that’s perfect for the beach, the backyard and everywhere in between. The speaker features a kickstand, built-in battery for 10 extra hours of playtime and speakerphone capabilities. $79.99
- Moto Insta-Share Projector — Snap the Insta-Share Projector onto your phone to share vacation photos from a recent trip or to play that movie everyone’s talking about. The projector includes an integrated kickstand, up to 70” projection and a built-in battery for up to an extra hour of projection time. $299.99
- TUMI and Kate Spade New York Power Packs — Add up to 22 hours of battery life to your phone without adding bulk. The Power Pack snaps on so you can recharge on the run. Forget about fumbling with batteries or searching for open wall outlets…and get it done in style. Prices range from $59.99 to $89.99.
- Incipio Back Plates — Personalize your Moto Z Droid and Moto Z Force Droid with Incipio Back Plates. Magnetic covers are available in Soft Touch, Iridescent, and Brushed Metallic. $14.99.
Transforming your wireless experience
In addition to an exceptional mobile experience you get on the Verizon network, the new Verizon Plan and My Verizon app give you an awesome mobile experience that you can control like never before. The new My Verizon app and Verizon Plan give you choice, just like the Moto Z Droids give you choice to turn your mobile phone into a stereo, projector and more, in a snap.
* New device payment activation or upgrade req’d. Trade-in must be in good, working and cosmetic condition (trade-in with a cracked screen will be accepted with purchase of Moto Z or Moto Z Force). New customers will get a gift card and existing customers will get an account credit. Eligible phones for $300 trade-in value: Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge/edge+, HTC M9, iPhone 6, LG G4 and LG V10.
** New smartphone device payment activation & port-in req’d. Get up to $650 prepaid card for installment plan balance less trade-in value (or up to $350 prepaid card for early termination fees less trade-in value). Trade-in must be in good working and cosmetic condition and be worth more than $0. Line must remain active for 6 mos. Visa prepaid card mailed within 8 weeks after receipt of claim. Limited time offer.